Postby VaderSeven » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:23 am

Rules coming soon (1-2 Days)!!!!
VaderSeven
Able Bodied Sailor

Game: 40k

Re: Fantasy Books and Games ITC Highlander Tourny July 30

Postby Capnmoe » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:08 am

Date and Time:
July 30th, 2016. Registration starts at 10 am. Dice roll at 11am.

Fairview Heights, IL 62208

Format:
1850 points
Highlander style ITC event using the ITC FAQ found at the link below. https://docs.google.com/document/d/16nmBS2KZglu9JaGttpX_9lOYhYO2PQM47N8HvrsAA60/edit
Rounds Swiss Style

This tournament will be using all rules and supplements released prior to June 30th 2016 except for the Death from the Skies supplements. Please note the ITC changes to the psyker powers in the Angels of Death supplement. The Facebook FAQ drafts will also not be used. The ITC FAQ will be used.

Highlander Rules
Armies will consist of 1850 points or less, and may be constructed utilizing the following options:
o Players may utilize no more than 2 Detachments. Furthermore each Detachment is considered unique (0-1) and may only be taken once. Those detachments are a Combined Arms Detachment and an Allied Detachment.

o All units in the army are unique (0-1).

o Troops units lose their unique status if the army includes all types of Troops units available to it.
 Example 1: A Space Marines army may include multiple Tactical Squads only if it also includes a Scout Squad (and vice versa).
 Example 2: A Space Marines army that includes a Chapter Master on a bike may include multiple Tactical Squads only if it also includes a Bike Squad and a Scout Squad.
 Example 3: A Space Marines army with a Tau Empire Allied detachment may include multiple Tactical Squads only if it also includes a Scout Squad, Breacher Team, Strike Team, and Kroot squad.

o Units with the same name but from different Factions will be considered the same unit. Likewise, extremely similar units (from the same or different Factions) will be considered the same unit.
 Example 4: A Space Marines Landraider and a Space Wolves Landraider would be considered the same unit.
 Example 5: A Landraider and a Landraider Crusader would be considered the same unit.

o Special/Unique Characters are considered the same unit as indicated by their background and/or title.
 Example 6: Chief Librarian Tigerius and a Space Marines Librarian would be considered the same unit.

o All Battle Brother allies are treated as Allies of Convenience.

o Lords of War, Super-Heavies, and Gargantuan Creatures are not allowed.

o Forge World and material from the Horus Heresy Books will not be allowed in this event.

Missions:
ITC Missions 1, 5, and 6.

Entry Fee:
20.00 Dollars
All Entry fees will be fully used as prize support. Prizes will be given as store credit to Fantasy books and games.

Player Cap:
22 Players at max. Please preregister to ensure you get to play. Post in this thread to preregister.

Prizes:
1st Place (Battle Points) gets 45% of entry fees as store credit (assuming full turn out that is $198.00)
2nd Place (Battle Points) gets 25% of entry fees as store credit (assuming full turn out that is $110.00)
3rd Place (Battle Points) gets 15% of entry fees as store credit (assuming full turn out that is $66.00)
Randomly drawn door prize gets 15% of entry fees as store credit (assuming full turn out that is 66.00) Only players that did not make the top 3 are eligible to win this prize.

Although painting is encouraged, it is not a requirement that an army be painted. An unpainted army is eligible to play and win every prize with no penalty.

Please post any questions in this thread and I hope to see everyone there!

Pre Registered Player List:
1. Gabe McGuiggan
2. Michael McGuiggan
3. Joshua Shubert
4. Luke Shubert
5. Mike Guarriello

To find out more info about the ITC please visit: https://www.frontlinegaming.org/community/frontline-gamings-independent-tournament-circuit/itc-2015-season-40k-tournament-format/
Last edited by Capnmoe on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Capnmoe
Rigger

Postby MR_MAGOO » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:31 am

Same nite as Games Nite.
MR_MAGOO
Master Gunner

Postby Capnmoe » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:27 pm

We are aware. Due to scheduling conflicts at both stores, these events could only be held on these days. In the future we will try to let each other know of event dates asap to avoid this.
Capnmoe
Rigger

Postby BigKahuna » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:47 pm

FW allowed?
To error is to invite retribution!

STORM THE CITADEL-SIEGEWORLD 2010

SIEGEWORLD.COM
BigKahuna
Gunner

Game: WH40K

Postby Capnmoe » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Forge World and material from the Horus Heresy Books will not be allowed in this event.
Capnmoe
Rigger

Postby MR_MAGOO » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:04 am

Gabe and I will be attending this event. Sorry I didn't post right away but I wanted to discuss this with Gabe which of the 2 events we would go to, and he was thinking about it. To be honest it came down to distance. Fairview 25 minutes, Games Nite 1 hour.

I do have a question that you don't cover.

TRANSPORTS.

Are they limited to 1 each?

So can I?
Warriors + Raider
Wyches + Venom
Wyches + Raider
Warriors + Venom

Just Clarifying....

I am assuming you are going like all other highlander events and limited to 1 each. So I would get 1 Raider and 1 venom. End of Story.

Why did you ask about FW? I would have just showed up with a Tantalus and they couldn't do anything about it. Since they didn't say no FW on the site. Dang you. Ruined my plans. :freek :D
MR_MAGOO
Master Gunner

Postby Capnmoe » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:17 am

Glad you guys are going to make it! You are correct about transports being limited to 1 each. They are considered unique just like everything else.
Capnmoe
Rigger

Postby DeviantDuck » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:45 pm

No duplicate transports? Heresy! Couple that with no forgeworld, SoB are left with taking 1 Rhino for the entire army. Are we using the new psychic powers yet?
DeviantDuck
Cabin Boy

Postby DeviantDuck » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:57 pm

Also, sign up the following:
Joshua Shubert
Luke Shubert
Mike Guarriello
DeviantDuck
Cabin Boy

Postby Capnmoe » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:32 pm

New psychic powers are being used with the restrictions and changes that have been implemented for the ITC.

Angels of Death Supplement: Space Marine Psychic Powers

Geokinesis Discipline:
In ITC format events, modify the Phase Form psychic power as follows: the target of Phase Form gains the benefit of either Ignores Cover or ignores Line of Sight.

Shifting Worldscape: this power is not used in ITC format events.

Fulmination Discipline:
Electrodisplacement: the target(s) of this power may not charge after using the Electrodiscplacement psychic power. Further, if the target unit(s) were locked in close combat, after being transported by Electrodiscplacement must be placed at least 1” away from enemy models and are no longer locked in combat."
Capnmoe
Rigger

Postby MR_MAGOO » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:56 pm

DeviantDuck wrote:No duplicate transports? Heresy! Couple that with no forgeworld, SoB are left with taking 1 Rhino for the entire army. Are we using the new psychic powers yet?

Rhino
Immolator
Razorback? Not sure on this one. :) Can you take Razorbacks?

All I have is Raider and Venom.
MR_MAGOO
Master Gunner

Postby DeviantDuck » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:53 am

Am I missing it, or have the results for the May 28th and June 25th tournies not been posted on frontline?

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2016-itc-event-results/
DeviantDuck
Cabin Boy

Postby Capnmoe » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:21 pm

For whatever reason they haven't posted them yet. Not sure if they are just that far behind or what. The next event will be done using their tournament app so the update should come faster hopefully. Speaking of which, if I could get everyones emails ahead of time, I can enter them in to the app early.
Capnmoe
Rigger

Postby DeviantDuck » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:17 am

Name / Email / Club
Josh Shubert / deviantduck@gmail.com / HardTastic
Lucas Shubert / luke.shubert@gmail.com / HardTastic
Mike Guarriello / dupiello@gmail.com / HardTastic
DeviantDuck
Cabin Boy

Postby DeviantDuck » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:19 am

Frontline preps the spreadsheet on Thursdays for the update every Friday. From the sound of what Paul told me, it didn't seem like they were more than a couple weeks behind at most. The May one should have definitely been processed and posted by now.
DeviantDuck
Cabin Boy

Postby Capnmoe » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:47 am

Good to know. I'll contact them to make sure they got the submission.
Capnmoe
Rigger

Postby DeviantDuck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:15 pm

So a SoB Rhino and a SW Rhino both count as the same unique Rhino?
What about the various Leman Russes?
DeviantDuck
Cabin Boy

Postby Capnmoe » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:19 pm

DeviantDuck wrote:So a SoB Rhino and a SW Rhino both count as the same unique Rhino?
What about the various Leman Russes?

Correct about the Rhinos. As I read it, a Leman Russ Squadron is a single unit that can take up to 3 of any of the variants. The variants in the squadron may be the same. Ex: 1 squadron of 3 Vanquishers. The stipulation of the Highlander Rules is only that the Leman Russ Squadron unit be unique 0-1, not the type of tanks that make up the squad. That being said, it also means that as per Highlander rules, taking a Leman Russ Squadron prevents you from taking a Tank Commander's Leman Russ Squadron in the same way that taking Tigurius would prevent you from taking a generic Librarian.
Capnmoe
Rigger

Postby DeviantDuck » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:45 am

So no Imperial Assassins since they only come in formations of 1 or 4. But Inquisitors work since they're 1 man allies.
DeviantDuck
Cabin Boy

Next

Return to Games Workshop Events