40k Friendly Fire 1850pt Tournament at Game Nite, 3/28

40k Friendly Fire 1850pt Tournament at Game Nite, 3/28

Postby GameNiteShop » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Where: Game Nite 8330 Watson Rd. St. Louis MO 63119
Date: Saturday, March 28th, 2014.
Entry fee: 5$ for each player. Every player's entry fee will automatically be entered into store credit for themselves.
Bonus: Any that enter the tournament and play at least 1 round will get 3 punches per $20 purchased on our customer loyalty card on any purchases that day.

This event is aimed to reward both casual and hardcore players. Categories to win are:

Master Tactician: Most objectives, Primary AND Secondary, captured after all 3 rounds.
Bounty Hunter: Most Independent Character kills after all 3 rounds.
'Ard Boy: Least amount of models lost after all 3 rounds.
Lead Balloon: Awarded to player with no wins.

What you need to bring:
One 1850pt. Battle Forged Army per player.
3 copies of army lists are needed. 1 for you, 1 for your opponents, and 1 for judgement. WYSIWYG is suggested, proxies agreed between opponents.
Dice
Tape measure
A copy of your codexes is required to play. PDF or printed copies are permitted, iTunes/iPad versions are allowed but you must be willing to allow your opponent and the TO access to the material as needed.

Standard 7th Edition rules will be used with FAQ/Errata’d modifications as well as changes listed below.

Specific Rule changes:
Forgeworld models will be allowed.
Forgeworld Super-heavies will NOT be allowed
Stronghold Assault, Escalation, Data Slates, and any Apocalypse-like formations will be allowed.
Lords of War are allowed.
No Unbound Armies.

3 Games Scored as follows:

Primary and Secondary Objectives will be used to determine win/loss/draw. Scores for Model loss and IC's killed will also be recorded.

Sportsmanship:

While not integral to the scoring process, it goes without saying that we want people to have fun and enjoy playing at our events. Concerning any issues that arise, do not hesitate to call for the TO if you and your opponent cannot come to an agreement.

Games have a hard time limit of 2 hours. Pairings for gameplay is random in round #1 and thereafter swiss paired (winners play against winners). Missions will be posted below.

Please contact me with any questions or call the store when I work (Monday thru Friday) from 10am until 4pm
GameNiteShop

Re: 40k Friendly Fire 1850pt Tournament at Game Nite, 3/28

Postby MR_MAGOO » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Harlequins will be Out March 7. Will they be allowed?
MR_MAGOO
Master Gunner

Postby GameNiteShop » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:24 pm

MR_MAGOO wrote:Harlequins will be Out March 7. Will they be allowed?

Yes.
GameNiteShop

Postby MR_MAGOO » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Thank you.
MR_MAGOO
Master Gunner

Postby VaderSeven » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 am

Can we take escalation super heavies and if so are they all open to being taken? There is a broad range of them and I would understand (and personally encourage) a ban list of some including the Reaver Titan but allowing say a baneblade.

Some very large tournaments have been allowing a system like this and they could be used as a model.
VaderSeven
Able Bodied Sailor

Game: 40k

Postby Capnmoe » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:58 pm

My assumption is that the exclusion of Forgeworld super heavies would include all of the models made by Forgeworld that exist in the Escalation book? All of the rules for the Necron units from the Escalation book have been changed. They were added to the new Necron codex from what I understand and as per 40k rules you always use the most up to date rules for a unit. That really only leaves the IG tank variants, the Stompa, and Khorne Lord of Skulls as legal units?
Capnmoe
Rigger

Postby VaderSeven » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Rules state that escalation is allowed. That's what prompted my question. As written, I think ever lord of war in that book is legal. I am fine with that but there is one or two models such as the elder revenant Titan which concern me. If they are legal that's fine by me but I wanted to at least bring the issue up.

Edit: I see what you mean. I agree with your read. If GW makes it and it's in escalation is good to go. I like that way of doing it.
VaderSeven
Able Bodied Sailor

Postby MR_MAGOO » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:41 am

Is there a limit on Formations?

A lot of tourneys are putting 2 Formation limits. So you can have your original CAD and then 1 Ally or 1 Formation.

I am toying with numerous lists. Mainly

1 Dark Eldar CAD
1 Dark Eldar Coven Formation
1 Harlequin Formation

Which is a bound list.
MR_MAGOO
Master Gunner

Postby jvry7c » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:39 pm

I'm guessing imperial knights would be ok. Also how would detachments work with battle forged rules in this tournament? Ex: imperial knights, inquisition detachments, and assassins
jvry7c
Swab

Postby VaderSeven » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:59 pm

It sounds like it's just raw in brb. So as many as you want.
VaderSeven
Able Bodied Sailor

Postby MR_MAGOO » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:43 am

Sounds like that to me as well. I just wanted to confirm. Hate to show up with my CAD, and 2 Formations and get told that I cant use it. :)
MR_MAGOO
Master Gunner

Postby dawnofthedead » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:32 pm

I would call the shop and ask them to post a response to these questions on Game Midwest. Someone should have responded by now.
dawnofthedead
Gunner

Postby Grumblewartz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:58 am

Awesome, definitely going to attend. Now, which army to choose...
Grumblewartz
Cabin Boy

Postby GameNiteShop » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay, lets see if I can't clear some things up for everyone.

VaderSeven wrote:Can we take escalation super heavies and if so are they all open to being taken? There is a broad range of them and I would understand (and personally encourage) a ban list of some including the Reaver Titan but allowing say a baneblade.

Some very large tournaments have been allowing a system like this and they could be used as a model.

As Capnmoe helped to point out, Yes the Super Heavy ban is for Forgeworld Models specifically. Namely, I just don't want people showing up with titans, gargants, etc. If it's in a GW codex, it's fair game.

MR_MAGOO wrote:Is there a limit on Formations?

A lot of tourneys are putting 2 Formation limits. So you can have your original CAD and then 1 Ally or 1 Formation.

I am toying with numerous lists. Mainly

1 Dark Eldar CAD
1 Dark Eldar Coven Formation
1 Harlequin Formation

Which is a bound list.

For now, I think that is a good suggestion. 2 Formation max.

jvry7c wrote:I'm guessing imperial knights would be ok. Also how would detachments work with battle forged rules in this tournament? Ex: imperial knights, inquisition detachments, and assassins

Imperial Knights ARE ok. Battle Forged army rules are straight out of the Base Rulebook, pg118 - 122
GameNiteShop

Postby VaderSeven » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 pm

GameNiteShop wrote:Hey everyone, sorry for the delay, lets see if I can't clear some things up for everyone.

VaderSeven wrote:Can we take escalation super heavies and if so are they all open to being taken? There is a broad range of them and I would understand (and personally encourage) a ban list of some including the Reaver Titan but allowing say a baneblade.

As Capnmoe helped to point out, Yes the Super Heavy ban is for Forgeworld Models specifically. Namely, I just don't want people showing up with titans, gargants, etc. If it's in a GW codex, it's fair game.

To be clear, I can take a non super heavy non lord of war unit from imperial armor. I can also take a super heavy tank from Escalation as long as it is not a forge world model. I think this is correct but please let me know if I need to mod my list.
VaderSeven
Able Bodied Sailor

Postby GameNiteShop » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:39 pm

VaderSeven wrote:
GameNiteShop wrote:Hey everyone, sorry for the delay, lets see if I can't clear some things up for everyone.

To be clear, I can take a non super heavy non lord of war unit from imperial armor. I can also take a super heavy tank from Escalation as long as it is not a forge world model. I think this is correct but please let me know if I need to mod my list.

You are correct. On the subject of Imperial Armour books, if interested, I'll be accepting entries from the "Currently valid books" according to the following wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Armour

Any other suggestions and questions, feel free to post. I'm eager to see you all here for the event!
GameNiteShop

Postby VaderSeven » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:08 pm

2 formations seems a bit odd. Are you sure you didn't mean detachments?

Here is how adepticon is doing it:

Armies will consist of 1850 points or less, must be Battle-forged (no Unbound armies), and may be constructed utilizing any of the following options:
 0-1 Combined Arms Detachment
 0-1 Allied Detachment (may ignore Primary Detachment Faction restriction, see below)
 Any number of unique Codex Detachments*
 Any number of unique Formations presented in a Data Slate*
*Each specific Codex Detachment and Data Slate Formation is considered unique (0-1) and may not be duplicated

Source: http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2015/201540Kchamp.pdf

LVO has taken their rules down but basically allowed 1-2 Detachments with no repeating detachments (all detachments were 0-1).

Both of these events agreed that you should never have more than 1 of the same type of detachment and disagree on the max number of detachments. Honestly, the best lists possible do not change much in either rule set as the 1850 point limit limits you already. In effect, a two detachment limit vs no limit is more about things like assassins and inquisitors being able to be included in top lists or not.

Personally, I suggest going with one of these two formats for choosing detachments.
VaderSeven
Able Bodied Sailor

Postby Grumblewartz » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:11 am

Are there any painting requirements?
Grumblewartz
Cabin Boy

Postby GameNiteShop » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Time for some last minute answers:

VaderSeven wrote:2 formations seems a bit odd. Are you sure you didn't mean detachments?

Here is how adepticon is doing it:

Armies will consist of 1850 points or less, must be Battle-forged (no Unbound armies), and may be constructed utilizing any of the following options:
 0-1 Combined Arms Detachment
 0-1 Allied Detachment (may ignore Primary Detachment Faction restriction, see below)
 Any number of unique Codex Detachments*
 Any number of unique Formations presented in a Data Slate*
*Each specific Codex Detachment and Data Slate Formation is considered unique (0-1) and may not be duplicated

Source: http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2015/201540Kchamp.pdf

LVO has taken their rules down but basically allowed 1-2 Detachments with no repeating detachments (all detachments were 0-1).

Both of these events agreed that you should never have more than 1 of the same type of detachment and disagree on the max number of detachments. Honestly, the best lists possible do not change much in either rule set as the 1850 point limit limits you already. In effect, a two detachment limit vs no limit is more about things like assassins and inquisitors being able to be included in top lists or not.

Personally, I suggest going with one of these two formats for choosing detachments.

I think keeping it simple in saying a max of 2 detachments, each detachment being unique, will work just fine.

Grumblewartz wrote:Are there any painting requirements?

No requirements on painting but it is always encouraged!
GameNiteShop

Postby VaderSeven » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:54 pm

Congrats to mike! Well played taking out knights in two games and getting a smart final game win.
VaderSeven
Able Bodied Sailor

Return to Games Workshop Events